Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Interesting Discussion

We had an interesting discussion in my highest class tonight(SP-A). We've been talking about a guy who was going to get on a plane but got a feeling that he shouldn't take that flight and it ended up crashing into the side of the mountain. They had to write a response about why it was or was not luck, a sixth sense, God, a guardian angel, or his ancestors.

One girl said it couldn't be God because there were a lot of other Christians on the plane so why did He only save one. I thought it was an excellent question and it spurred immediate debate from two Christian students in the class.

Caitlin responded that he was part of God's future plan so He saved him and not the others because they were destined to die on that plane.

Ivy chipped in and gave the most amusing answer - "If he was a faithful Christian, then God would love him a lot(like me!) so God saved him."

To which Caitlin responded with, "but there was a faithful lady at my church who died."

Ivy lost her focus with that one and decided to give us a narrative about an old lady in her church. "There was a lady in my church. But one day her heart stopped. So she died."

Everyone started laughing but Ivy continued with, "Oh no....really, not laughing. Her heart stopped. Oh no."

Today was pretty good, over all. At least, after I had finished most of my classes. :P
During my break time before my last class, Jenny and Jennifer(from old SP-A) came down to my classroom and wanted to talk so we passed the hour talking about various things and I really enjoyed it. Very rarely have real conversations anymore, not in English anyway.

No comments: