Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1 1/2 Weeks Left!

At the hagwon, that is. Another three weeks until I'm back in the States.

I've gotten a few things done on my list since last time. I took care of those emails, booked a hostel in Beijing, I think I've just about finished planning for that trip and the trip to Japan and I now have three visas in my passport!

Not much happens here during the week but two Saturdays ago, I spent the day with Young-sun, Dongsung, Hansol, Bu-yeong and Sunah at Seoul Land. We had tons of fun, even though most of the rides we went on were for the benefit of Bu-yeong and Sunah(both ten years old). I did go, however, on my very first upside-down rollercoaster, if you can believe that. I didn't realize it went upside down until we were approaching it but I couldn't back out since we were all going together and they were half-going for my benefit since I had to leave early. It was also Hansol's first upside-down coaster and he didn't realize it until he was strapped in next to me. lol

We managed to survive, however, and after having a blast ramming into each other on the bumper cars, I left before them to head back to Osan to meet my old SP-A class.

I met the boys first(Paul, Trust, Alex and David) and we went to a pc room for an hour before meeting Jennifer at Pizza School. Three pizza's later, we wandered over to the nearest karaoke room and sang our lungs out for two hours. I treated them all to ice cream afterwards and they each gave me a video message on my camera. We really had a blast together and I was exhausted by the time evening came.

On Sunday, Hansol, Dongsung, Youngsun, Youngah and I went to Pyeongtaek together after church. We had some really great bulgogi-seafood Deok-bok-ki at a restaurant and coffee at a really great new cafe there. Afterwards, we dropped the girls off at the department store that's connected to the subway station and us guys went to spend an hour at a pc room teaching Hansol how to play Sudden Attack. It's kind of interesting because he's Korean but has lived in Israel for the past nine years so I'm introducing him to a lot of Korean stuff even though I'm the real foreigner. I had to show him how to use the cards at a pc room, introduced him to mini karaoke rooms, and taught him how to play Suddent Attack.

The most recent Saturday was spent mostly in a pc room. I spent two hours there first alone before meeting Youngah, Young-sun, Dongsung, Young-soon, and Gyung-sub. We met at Lotteria and after some Pat-bing-su(shaved ice with fruit and ice cream), we all went to a pc room together. When it came time for them to leave, I met Hansol near Osan Sation and after having pizza together at Pizza Hut, we spent another hour at a pc room together.

On Sunday, Eunbae, Hansol and I had dinner together and spent two hours at a pc room. Eunbae left early and Hansol and I spent the evening eating more pat-bing-su and showing him the local arcade.

And here I am starting another and almost my final week at the hagwon.

Until next time!

No comments: